Last Revised on 11.14.2022
Film Impact takes your privacy seriously. This policy explains how we collect, use, and protect Personal Data submitted and collected by Film Impact.
- a. Personal Data
Personal Data means information that determines the identity of an individual.
- b. Controller (Not Processor)
2. DATA COLLECTION
We may collect Personal Data, as follows:
- a. Interest in Services.
If you have an interest in obtaining information about our services; request customer support; contact us; register to use our websites; sign up for an event, webinar or contest; or download content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information (name, title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password).
- b. Purchases.
If you make purchases via our website or register for an event or webinar, we may require that you provide to us your financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number or bank account information.
- c. Websites.
If you interact with our websites or emails, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails (such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data.
- d. Community.
If you register for an online community that we provide, we may ask you to provide a username, photo or other biographical information, such as your occupation, location, social media profiles, company name, areas of expertise and interests.
- e. Log Files.
If you use and interact with our services, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our services through log files and other technologies, some of which may qualify as Personal Data.
- f. Surveys.
If you voluntarily submit certain information to our services, such as filling out a survey about your experience, we collect the information you have provided.
- g. Other Sources.
We also collect information about you from other sources including third parties from whom we purchase Personal Data and from publicly available information.
- We may combine this information with Personal Data provided by you.
- This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you.
- The Personal Data we collect from other sources includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, education information, commercial information, internet activity information, and inferences about preferences and behaviors.
- We collect such Personal Data from these sources:
Third-party providers of business contact information, including but not limited to job titles and email addresses, for purposes of delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling, and verifying contact information.
3. DATA COLLECTION TOOLS
We use common information-gathering tools, such as tools for collecting usage data, cookies, web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies to automatically collect information that may contain Personal Data as you navigate our websites, our services, or interact with emails we have sent to you.
- a. Automatically When you Visit our Sites.
- This information may include identifiers, commercial information, and internet activity information such as IP address (or proxy server information), device and application information, identification numbers and features, location, browser type, plug-ins, integrations, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files viewed, searches, referring website, app or ad, operating system, system configuration information, advertising and language preferences, date and time stamps associated with your usage, and frequency of visits to the websites.
- This information is used to analyze overall trends, help us provide and improve our websites, offer a tailored experience for website users, and secure and maintain our websites.
- When you visit our websites, we, or an authorized third party, may place a cookie on your device that collects information, including Personal Data, about your online activities over time and across different sites. Cookies allow us to track use, infer browsing preferences, and improve and customize your browsing experience.
- We use both session-based and persistent cookies on our websites.
- Session-based cookies exist only during a single session and disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off the device.
- Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser or turn your device off.
- We also use web beacons and pixels on our websites and in emails. For example, we may place a pixel in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email. We use these technologies to operate and improve our websites and marketing emails.
- a. Required and Functional Cookies - Basic Website Functionality.
- Examples: session cookies needed to transmit the website, authentication cookies, and security cookies.
- If you have chosen to identify yourself to us, we may place on your browser a cookie that allows us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the websites and to process your online transactions and requests.
- We may use our own technology or third-party technology to track and analyze usage information to provide enhanced interactions and more relevant communications, and to track the performance of our advertisements.
For example, we use Google Analytics (Google Analytics), a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Advertising cookies track activity across websites in order to understand a viewer’s interests, and to direct marketing to them.
- Notices on behavioral advertising.
We or one of our authorized partners may place or read cookies on your device when you visit our websites for the purpose of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising” or “interest-based advertising”). To learn more about targeted advertising and advertising networks please visit the opt-out pages of the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/, and the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
- Do Not Track.
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
You can set your web browser not to accept cookies, or customize your browser’s cookie settings to reflect your comfort level with cookie security. Further information about cookie management and deletion can be found at allaboutcookies.org.
We rely on authorized legal basis (such as, performance of a contract or legitimate interest) to collect and process your Personal Data, unless consent is required by law.
- a. Websites and Website Development.
We process your Personal Data to operate and administer our websites, to provide you with content you access and request (e.g., to download content from our websites), and to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our websites and services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our websites.
- b. Contact and User Support.
If you request support, or if you contact us by other means including via a phone call or webform, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract and to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- c. Payments.
If you have provided financial information to us, we process your Personal Data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction and perform our contract with you.
- d. Marketing and Advertising Communications.
We will process your Personal Data to conduct market research, to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications about us and partners, including information about our products, promotions, or events as necessary for our legitimate interest, and to advertise to you.
- e. Managing Event Registrations and Attendance.
We process your Personal Data to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you, to perform our contract.
- f. Legal Obligations.
We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest.
6. Disclosure and Sharing
We may share your Personal Data as follows:
- a. Service Providers.
With our contracted service providers, who provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, and customer support.
- b. Our Affiliates.
With affiliates within our corporate group, to the extent such sharing of data is necessary to fulfill a request you have submitted via our websites or for customer support, marketing, technical operations, and account management purposes.
- c. Event Sponsors.
If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, or download or access content, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event. If required by applicable law, you may consent to such sharing via the registration form or by allowing your attendee badge to be scanned at a sponsor booth. In these circumstances, your information will be subject to the sponsors’ privacy statements.
- d. Third party networks and websites.
With third-party social media networks, advertising networks and websites, so that we can market and advertise on third party platforms and websites.
- e. Professional Advisers.
In individual instances, we may share your Personal Data with professional advisers acting as service providers, processors, or joint controllers - including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers based in countries in which we operate, and to the extent we are legally obliged to share or have a legitimate interest in sharing your Personal Data.
- f. Change in Ownership.
To a successor, if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, or other corporate change, or sell a business unit, or a significant portion of our business. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of Personal Data to an unaffiliated third party.
- g. Legal Requirements.
We may be required by law to disclose your Personal Data, and we will try to take steps to limit any such disclosure.
7. Rights relating to your Personal Data
- a. Rights.
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws, these rights may include the right to:
- Know what Personal Data we hold about you, access such Personal Data, and have a copy of such Personal Data;
- Correct inaccurate Personal Data;
- Delete your Personal Data;
- Object to any processing of your Personal Data;
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Data; or
- Withdraw your consent to us processing, including automated processing or “profiling”, your Personal Data, under certain circumstances.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected, in accordance with our then current data retention policy, unless you otherwise request that it be deleted sooner in accordance with this policy.
If you change your mind about being sent marketing emails you can “opt out” at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email. Once you “opt out”, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you regarding your billing and support via email.
To exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data by email, mail, or phone, please use the contact information provided at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days, where possible, and will contact you should we require additional information in order to honor your request. You may also complain to the supervisory authority of the country in which you are located.
8. Other Terms
- a. No Sale.
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties.
- b. Industry Standard Security.
While we use industry-standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Personal Data under our control, there is no guarantee that it cannot be compromised.
- c. No Children Under Age 13.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13.
- d. No Contractual Rights.
- e. Privacy Concerns.
- f. Links to Third Party Sites.
Our Service may contain links to other sites and services, which are owned and controlled by others. These third-party websites have their own policies regarding privacy, and you should review those policies.
- g. Revisions to this Policy.
We may change this policy at any time and changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.